Loyalty & Talent Retention
On the importance of retaining employees
Companies often forget that their most valuable asset is their people: without them, the company wouldn’t exist. In the business world, long-term success rests on the quality and the loyalty of employees.
Yet according to the Ipsos Loyalty Study, less than 30% of US employees say they are loyal to their company. (Why Loyalty Matters, 2009)
In this white paper, you’ll find multiple practical lists to encourage engagement and talent retention.
Here’s a taste…
5 main reasons to retain employees
- Avoid resignation
- Less time and money spent on recruitment and training
- Better Productivity
- Employee loyalty for customer loyalty
- Sticking out the bad moments
The ultimate guide to talent management
- Working Conditions
- Career Path
- Balance Private and Professional Lives
- Validation from Multiple Directions
Curious about improving loyalty and talent retention? Check out our white paper!