TMX Group: Frees Internal Comms & Corporate Content
Having just migrated to Google, this Canadian multinational needed an intranet that naturally integrated with G Suite, capable of leveraging Google’s tools and promoting Google adoption throughout the company.
TMX Group’s previous system wasn’t well used by their employees due to slow navigation, weak search function and low accessibility, as it was only available on desktop. Furthermore, their intranet wasn’t used effectively to communicate. This led the company to formulate multiple needs for a new intranet solution:
- Easy to use platform which employees could access anytime, anywhere and from any device
- One-stop-shop, a type of “central hub for all important communications”
- Multilingual system, to accommodate bilingual French and English content requirements
- Encouraging loyalty and engagement for all new employees (including from acquired companies)
Why LumApps ?
When LumApps came into the picture, TMX Group had launched an overall company rollout migration to G Suite. Implementing a new intranet was a real investment project for a new company culture.
Mike Benish, Director: IT Corporate Services with the Global Technology Services (GTS) division of TMX, took the lead on the G Suite platform and pushed LumApps as a new extension for Google platform, arguing for a continued seamless experience. Part of their decision to choose LumApps was to leverage G Suite adoption.
After implementing LumApps, TMX Group recognizes that the new intranet has created:
- A new forum for two-way communication
- A higher level of confidence in the content shared
- Connections between all business lines by breaking down business silos
It only took TMX Group a semester to implement LumApps custom solution and they haven’t looked back. What could you do for your team in six months?