What are they?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website or app.
Cookies are used by most websites, including our website.
What are cookies used for?
- give you a better online experience on our website, tell us which parts of our website people have visited, help us measure the effectiveness of ads and web searches, and give us insights into user behavior;
- Protect your security;
- Work with partners, get to know you better and therefore adapt our offers and suggest personalized offers.
So what information is kept by the cookies?
A cookie will typically hold:
- The name of the website that it has come from;
- How long the cookie will stay on your device;
- Your web browsing course (including IP address);
- Technical specification of your device and a value – usually a randomly generated unique number
What cookies do we set up?
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Technical and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked cannot be provided. These cookies can also remember choices you make such as session IDs, user authentication, language preferences. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits more personalized and pleasant. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 2: Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use the site. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at the site, browse or use the site and to highlight areas where we can improve, such as browsing and marketing campaigns. The Analytics Cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone, cannot identify your device or track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 3: Targeting Cookies (including Social Media Cookies)
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The Targeting Cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalized adverts when visiting other websites.
Social Media Cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy notices of the relevant social media networks to find out how their cookies work.
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
The cookies used on our site can behave in two different ways:
- Cookies can be stored on the hard drive of your device only for the duration of your internet browsing session and will then be automatically deleted when you close your browser (Session cookies).
- Cookies can be stored on the hard drive of your device until they are deleted by you from our cookie management tool accessible hereafter or directly by the deletion function provided in your browser, or until that they reach their maximum retention period of up to 13 months from their deposit (Persistent cookies).
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer or phone?
What happens if I don’t accept cookies?
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the site may not work on your device and you may not be able to access areas you want on the site. For this reason, we recommend that you accept cookies.