Why Does Employee Engagement Matter?
The challenge is widespread and persistent.
- Just 16% of employees around the world consider themselves Fully Engaged.
- 84% of the global workforce is not working at its full potential (ADP Research, 2018).
Employee engagement impacts all parts of the organization.
- Companies with a highly engaged workforce achieve a 41% reduction in absenteeism, a 17% increase in productivity, and 59% less turnover (Gallup, 2017).
According to the ITA Group research (2019), engaged employees are:
- 15x more likely to recommend the company to friends and colleagues.
- 1.5x more willing to learn new skills and responsibilities.
- Almost 6x more likely to plan on staying for a full career.
While disengaged employees are:
- 2.3x more likely to be exploring other jobs.
- Almost 3x more likely to leave within 12 months.
The data doesn’t lie. Improve employee engagement today.